Tuesday, March 01, 2011

New Feathers for New Friends

I love to paint and used to paint A LOT -- but school, and more school, and a dissertation and work kept me from doing much of that. However, I found a reason to re-ignite that creative passion. These poor, homely, brown owls I found at Hobby Lobby:
You may remember I love birds and particularly owls after spending 4 years studying screech owls for an eventual MS in Biology. I do so love our feathered friends. But these guys, well, they needed something. So, after looking at some different species, I decided a tawny owl feather coloration was in order. Of course these aren't tawny's, but my imagination told me they could be....

After a few hours with acrylics and brushes and  listening to Faure's requiem (singing that in spring concert  with the Cathedral Choir -- I LOVE IT) -- are the results:







Whooo is more pleased? Me or the owls???!

1 comment: