Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Today Audrey is FIVE!

I can't believe that five years ago today Annie and I were sitting a very cold labor room - she getting all hooked up, me nervous but not showing it. She reminded me that I kept saying, "Let's get this show on the road". My lack of patience was showing once again. The show did finally get on the road and several hours later - and much work by Annie - a beautiful, baby girl was born. I was there to hold her, to see her entrance into this world and cried. I still cry when I think about it. What a beautiful gift God gave us that day. I love her so, so much!


We began celebrating last night with homemade chocolate cupcakes, presents from me and Annie and a wonderful time in my house.  It was a great evening! I am so glad she was in Corpus Christi so I could celebrate with her!

                                                                    Princess balloon!


                                                         Chocolate Cupcakes with homemade frosting!



                                               Soooo many presents!!!



                                                              A hand-made Ladybug Purse from her Great Grandma!



                                                               Modeling the purse - I also got her a book about Ladybugs -



                                                          Sketcher Light Up Shoes!!!



                                           Many more cards and gifts completed the evening - including
                                                    her favorite DVD - Tangled. We ended the evening
                                       watching Tangled and eating more cupcakes.

The next day, it was off to preschool with her friends, pizza and birthday party!


            In her new outfit, birthday ribbon and light up shoes! Big day!!

                                        Saying goodbye to Ella - I love this shot ----





                                                            Her cupcake princess cake!

                                                Group Picture~! Ready for pizza!!!


                                                    Yum! Check out the plates - Annie found them. So cute!



                                                 Happy kids eating pizza on a special day!



                                                  Singing Happy Birthday - getting ready to blow out the candle.



                                                                            Yayyyyyyyyyyy!



It is a special, special day for sure. One that gave us a gift that I thank God for every day. She is so precious, fun and smart! I love you Audrey Anne. May you live a long and happy life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment