Wednesday, March 02, 2011

A Letter From The Chancellor

Just when you are about out of patience and feeling quite overwhelmed and overworked- and hungry - someone brings you a letter. From the Chancellor of the A&M System, Dr. McKinney. A few weeks ago, I was nominated by my university to be a member of the A&M University System Chancellor's Academy of Teacher Educators. I put together a portfolio, and it was sent in. Frankly, my hopes were not very high. First, because there are 17 schools in our system, all with a number of wonderful educators. Second, because, well, I didn't want to be disappointed. Guess what the letter said???

"Congratulations on being selected to the inaugural class of the Chancellor's Academy of Teacher Educators....Supported by a group of private donors committed to advancing the future of higher education in Texas....You will be asked to present at the next Chancellor's Summit on Teacher Education, which will be held in September....You will be recognized at the 2011 Annual Banquet of the Chancellor's Century Council...travel will be provided....You will receive a _____  dollar (generous - not gonna share EVERYTHING) stipend, a certificate and a special commemorative medallion bearing the seal of the A&M System.  The medallion is to be worn on occasions when academic regalia are required."


I prayed for inspiration to get this presentation together. It just wasn't happening as there have been soooo many students coming by for advisement and mentoring. So, I prayed for patience AND inspiration. And along came this letter - within 20 minutes. This is a God moment. And I am so thankful!


And now, back to work. And so so grateful for these blessings that come with my job. I am so lucky!!!!


(and thank you Chancellor McKinney. Sir.)
(whoop!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I love stories like this. They are an inspiration to more than just you. :)

    ReplyDelete