Sunday, March 06, 2011

On a Wing and a Prayer

Our choir was a bit rattled this morning when our director was missing (late flight) and assistant director is just coming off the flu. Sunday morning rehearsal, usually quite focused and sometimes intense, was ... not. We practiced this piece for exactly five minutes. Someone posted it on YouTube - I couldn't believe it. It - sounds - perfect. Yes, the Holy Spirit was hard at work, creating good sounds where I doubted we would pull it off - no organ, no anything to accompany us. I love, I mean LOVE our choir. And I know our work is being blessed when I hear what the congregation is hearing....
click on the link:


Exultate Justi by Lodovico Viadana

Translated from the Latin:
Just men rejoice in the Lord;
giving praise is appropriate for the righteous.
Proclaim the Lord on the lute;
sing hymns to him with the ten-stringed harp.
Sing to him a new song;
sing hymns well to him with a loud voice.
Just men rejoice in the Lord;
giving praise is appropriate for the righteous.

PSALM 32

No comments:

Post a Comment