Sunday, August 28, 2011

15 mile training run

..is not fun, but there are gifts along the way. It was cool, starting out at 4:45 meant it was cool and quiet. I didn't run with the IPod for the first few miles -- just enjoyed the silence. It was a typical training run which, for me, means stopping about every 4 miles at a convenience store and getting a sports drink, chugging it down, and going on. The first few miles are not fun (stiff) and the last 5 were a chore (sore). The middle was pretty good. JLo and Lady Gaga and Black Eyed Peas were along for the ride. I love them.
The thrill of the morning occurred around mile 9 when, for whatever reason, I had to urge to look over my shoulder and there was the sun gloriously rising over the bay. I had to stop and take it in - it was totally overwhelming. I was reminded that we are never alone, we are cared for, and to always stop and enjoy the gifts He provides.

The final gift following the run -- pancakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment