Monday, August 15, 2011

Playa Del Carmen Day IV: SHOPPING Day!


What can you say about shopping in Mexico? It's treacherous, intimidating, and confusing. First, the Mexican people get their feelings hurt if you don't come into their (cluttered) shop and look at things that are in just about every other (cluttered) shop. Then, there's the conversation that must follow -- they start with a price, you come back with a price, and then they counter. On it goes. I bought a Saturn just to avoid this very thing...so I sure didn't want to spend my vacation bickering about...pesos? What's a peso? That's the final straw...converting to dollars from Pesos. It's just more energy than I want to spend on SHOPPING.

So...we went into the air conditioned shops along Fifth Avenue (I'm not kidding) in Playa Del Carmen and had a blast. Got some cool souvenirs (more on that on another blog), and a nice gift for moi....one that I will treasure forever. Very special.



Shopping in Mexico - it's not for the faint of heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment