Saturday, August 20, 2011

Diving in Roatan!

Remember I said it had been too long since I had spent significant time diving in the coral reefs? Many years ago I spent a LOT of time diving -- and learning more about diving and instructing others in how to scuba dive. Have several PADI certifications, including that for Assistant Instructor. Was working on becoming a PADI instructor when a move to West Texas changed a lot things. And since West Texas doesn't have too many diving spots, that was pretty much the end of my diving experience. Over 100 dives logged in Mexico, Jamaica and spots in the U.S., and I have dearly missed it. However, I fixed that...placed my deposit, am now on the list -- a week long trip in Roatan with  3 dives per day scheduled for November. Roatan is part of the British Honduras and has the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world -- the first being in Australia. It used to be a place where the pirates hung out - now, divers hang out there ;)  So many have told me it's the best place to go -- reefs are still healthy, vibrant, much marine life....I CANNOT WAIT.  It's gonna TOTALLY ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment