Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sweet Bridle Thoroughbred Farms (in my dreams...)

The nose-ahead horse is a two-year-old filly named Sweetacious. She won $125,000,000 at Lone Star Park Saturday. JP was there -- I wasn't as this was a weekend where I had to stay in Corpus Christi and meet some work related deadlines. Sweetacious was a long shot, and edged ahead of many horses who were favored to win. Her jockey said that her win was a result of racing "with all her heart". JP likes to text me about these things when he's at the track -- so I get the final results of the races. When he told me about this one, I got to thinking, what if we one day we had our dream stable where we raised Thoroughbred horses? JP would manage the operations regarding breeding and all that stuff, and I want to start an educational program for less-advantaged kids. What would we call it? I thought of Sweet Bridle Farms and a cursory check proved it to be original. Then I thought, "what if all the horses were named Sweet-Something." Some names came to mind:
Sweet-heart
Sweet-on-me
Sweetie-Pie
Swee-Tart (thanks Big Blue!)
Sweet-Nothings
Sweet-William
Sweet-Cheeks
Sweet-Child-Of-Mine
Sweet-n-Sour
Sweet-Bay
Sweet-Clover
Sweet-Pea (Sweet-pee? maybe not)
Sweet-Talk
Sweet-Spot

It's fun thinking about sweet things....
Any other suggestions? I'd LOVE to hear them!

P.S. If you are thinking, "Procrastination Dr. Mac? Is that what this is?", you are ABSOLUTELY correct!

5 comments:

  1. You and JP will have to come check out the Saratoga race tracks some year. Racing season is just about to kick off up here. It's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would love that! Count on it...the season is over here in Tejas as it's too hot. I was green with envy when you said temps were in the 60's there today. We've been hovering at 100 degrees ----
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are officially going to Saratoga!! One of the most beautiful and famous racetracks in the world! Thank you Erica.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of Saratoga, there have been some famous race horses named after that wonderful track. Saratoga Six, Saratoga Sara, Saratoga Slew, Saratogamysaratoga (one word), Mr. Saratoga, etc etc. Sticking with your theme Cherie, perhaps we could find Sweet Saratogo. Also ones to consider for the farm --- Sweet Prosper, Sweet Street, Sweet Treat, Sweetandsour Doc, Sweetsandiego, Sweet Navy, Sweet Aggie, Hookemsweetie, Dulce Eyes (look it up), Mysweetcherie, Sweet Ellie, Sweetest Audrey. More to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be the perfect getaway from the oppressive August heat down there. Todd would be thrilled to have some knowledgable companions. I like Sweet Saratoga. Oh, and Sweet Victory!

    ReplyDelete