Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rough Night: Dolly Won't Leave

Overnight there was wind, rain and more rain. Sheets of rain and wind that shook my apartment. Ella never left my side. The good thing is I didn't lose power. Today, I awoke (once more) to the sound of hard, pounding rain. Things are supposed to let up as the day goes on, but this system is moving sooo slowly. AND, the people on South Padre that had came and stayed for their vacations are stuck as the causeway is closed - and they have had NO power. It's a mess, over 15 inches fell there yesterday.
The big question for the day -- will JP's flight make it in? Will Southwest Airlines come through? We won't know till late tonight --- fingers and toes crossed. Corkscrew in glove box. Perhaps I can figure out a way to attach an inflatable life vest!

2 comments:

  1. Ack! Whatever you do...don't lose that corkscrew. Here's to hoping JP makes it. How many people would fly into a hurricane to see you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. JP is one in a million and I am one lucky girl! So far, flights are coming in as scheduled!!

    ReplyDelete