Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Brother - FP Brewer and Soloist

Many of you know him as FP Brewer. While I admire my brother's beer making abilities, there are some other things I wanted you to know about him.

My brother is the type of person who does things and does them well. Ask him to make beer and it will be, quite literally, an award winner. Watch him clean the pool, and it is immaculate. Get an invitation to dinner and watch him produce the tastiest grilled chicken you've ever had. Witness his loving attitude as a father, husband, son and grandfather, and you will see greatness. Hear him sing and...well, my brother can SING.

I got a text message Monday -- he was going to sing the National Anthem at the Swashbuckler arena football game. I was visiting him in Louisiana with JP the last time he got this gig and we went --this was taken at the front entrance of the arena

On Monday, The Swashbucklers were playing - get this- the Corpus Christi Hammerheads in a championship game!!! Since this is Hammerhead country, the game was going to be running at our local Gattitown on the jumbo TV!! Praying he wouldn't be pre-empted by a commercial, me, Annie and Audrey headed over there to hear my brother sing. After some nerve-rattling technical difficulties were overcome, we finally had sound and a picture. There he was, in his khaki pants and dark shirted handsomeness, being introduced in the center of the arena.
I announced unabashedly to the whole room "that's my brother"!!! There was no music, not even a beginning note. He sang. Oh man he SANG! When he got to the "for the la-nd of the freeeeee"....everyone started clapping!... and when it was over, the whole room was clapping. I was so darn proud I cried right there in the middle of Gattitown.
My brother. Whatever he does it is done with quality and love and selflessness. I am so proud of him.

2 comments:

  1. You're too kind. I get the cords from dad, the notes from God.
    BTW - your blog is looking quite professional. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still play the clip from Elizabeth and Brett's wedding occasionally. Makes me tear up. You gotta a set of pipes!

    ReplyDelete