Monday, April 25, 2011

Nesting Season

A friend sent me this photo: these little great horned owlets are nesting on the Ladybird Wildlife Center's roof in Austin. People walk by all day long and see these faces. How can you not be smitten with them? I hear Barred owls calling to each other in the  field behind my house every morning before sunrise. They are no doubt feeding hungry nestlings, calling to each other as they bring prey items. And I hear screech owls in a nearby golf course -- busy raising and feeding their young. I love this time of year -- Easter celebrations, spring flowers, warm days, cool nights and when there is some free time, walks on the beach. And, I love hearing the owls. Their calls remind me that God's plan is perfect and when we place our present and future in His hands, blessings follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment