Tuesday, April 19, 2011

More Butterflies Made with Love

When Audrey came to visit, we had several projects. One was to make a stepping stone with stained glass and use the shape of a butterfly. This was quite involved as it entailed mixing cement, laying out the glass pieces just so, and a few discussions regarding placement of said pieces of glass. In all cases, Audrey's decision was deemed the right one :)

First, we traced the butterfly cast on a piece of paper and each laid out the glass.


.


Placing the glass into the butterfly. Audrey helped a lot, especially with placing the 'eyeballs'.


Finally, all the pieces were tucked into place and we let it cure for a few days. See the eyeballs? Blue, like her Mommy's.

Then it was time to take out the butterfly from the cast.





And VOILA! The final product. I am not sure why Audrey has on her sunglasses. We probably just returned from an ice cream run.  We trimmed the edges and cleaned up the glass.




Here it is - outside in my garden. I think of Audrey everytime I see it. 
I love butterflies, and I love Audrey even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment