Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pete Comes Galloping Home


This is a beautiful oil painting that JP's mother completed three years ago - click for enlarged view. Ruth was 80 at the time. The painting has been shuffled around as things sometimes are when life gets complicated. Suffice to say, it made it back to JP's apartment this weekend during my stay in Dallas. I had never seen it before though JP had tried to describe it. I was amazed. I never, ever knew how beautiful it was. She is an incredibly talented woman! I wish you could see it in person - the detail in the eye, beautiful mane, soft mouth - the horse's personality so shines through. It is an awesome composition. Ruth's nickname was Pete when she was growing up -- that's another story. We decided to name the horse Pete in her honor. I am so proud to know her and to love her!

2 comments:

  1. In addition to you and the new chairs, Pete was the highlight of the weekend. I know Mom will be happy to see this post and the new home for her picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That painting is gorgeous - looks like a photo! If she has any of old VW's, please let me know. I have someone who may be interested...

    ReplyDelete