Saturday, December 27, 2008

Steps

It's been an incredible week. First, Annie and family (Audrey and cats) have been moved into their new apartment. Best part is - it is exactly 100 steps from my door to hers!! We had quite a time:


Rudy and his team were hired to move the majority of heavy stuff (read - save the back's of JP and Cherie) so they deftly parked below Annies 2nd story balcony and then:

placed a ladder below the balcony, where things were passed from the truck to the apartment. Saved years of negotiating stairways and hallways! We were done in 2 hours and Audrey was doing the happy dance in her new living room: It's so great having Annie and Audrey for neighbors!


Christmas was within two days of moving. Scott stepped in from North Carolina, Jen from San Diego, Mom from Houston area and of course my new neighbors stepped on over:


A favorite - kareoke microphone with a side of milk.

One of the perks of being almost 3 years old is having dessert first.



My Mom (Grammie) explaining the intricacies of Miss Potato Head (yes, she comes with shoes, purse and hats)
Christmas Dinner - the best part was having my family here.

The cook, my mom and Scott (JP's in the mirror :)

Three beautiful McCollough girls - Jen, Audrey and Annie - helping with opening gifts.


After dinner and gifts, Jen played the piano I have just purchased - a step I never dreamed would happen and am so glad to have back in my life. It was awesome - beautiful Jen playing beautiful music on the beautiful piano. My heart was so full!



Audrey listening to the piano


There were steps that led to an amazing experience -- 53 steps up to the choir loft to sing midnight mass. A 21 piece orchestra accompanied us -- it was AMAZING. Outstanding on all levels. Today (Saturday) after singing in a wedding we learned that we will be having a CD of our christmas music produced over the summer. So, the choir will be working hard on that. I can't wait! It's been 10 years since this choir produced a CD -- our director simply said, "Our repetoire has grown so much, it's time. Several corporate sponsors have already contacted me." Wow.

A beautiful Christmas, full of friends, family, love and worship. I am so blessed and so excited as we take new steps in 2009!

3 comments:

  1. I was glad to have a seat at the table! I had a wonderful holiday with you and the rest of the McColloughs. It went by too fast. P.S. You are a great cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! It looks like you had a most wonderful Christmas with all your close ones. The family looks fabulous - especially Grammie who was looking smashing as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe you used a ladder to get that stuff up!

    ReplyDelete