Sunday, December 14, 2008

Music in the House!

I've had a piano since middle school when we moved into a house in New Jersey and the previous owner remodeled the basement after the piano was there - they couldn't move it out. My Grandmother, who called it a 'rattletrap' taught me to play when I was young. I loved it. Then, she bought me a little Wurlitzer upright when I was in college. I loved that too. Jen learned to play on that, and play she did. She started in kindergarten and played all the way through high school. We moved on to a Yamaha Concert Grand - a beautiful instrument that took up the dining room. Jen played it beautifully, and we had choir practice in there -- it was awesome. Years passed and it was time for the piano to move on, so it did - Jen has it now in California. So, I've missed not having a piano. Singing in the choir has REALLY made me miss it as I would love to play some of these pieces and practice -- and just play. Well, today I went and looked at this after finding it on Craig's list:



The price was reasonable, so today I went and checked it out -- perfect condition! Felts are in GREAT shape, looks new, keys all clean and well maintained. Needs a tuning. So, I bought a piano! I'm so excited!! Going to try to get it here by Christmas so Jen can play. And maybe some day I will give Audrey some piano lessons!

I can't wait!

P.S. - It's being delivered and tuned TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment