Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Last Class Day


Audrey at Family Science Night - she had a blast!!

It is sad and sweet to write this post. I have had some outstanding students this semester. They will affect much change where it is needed, and be teachers that will touch many lives. I am privileged to be a part of their training. I'll miss them.

We had three family learning events this semester - a capstone of my course in training our future science teachers. They work very hard to conceive, design and implement original, culturally relevant science activities with students and their families across the Coastal Bend. They were also involved in training teachers that are currently teaching -- a formidable assignment! Its a lot to organize, mentor, assist...did I mention organize? But, it is TOTALLY worth it. This semester marked my 15th family learning event. Over 1000 students, 200 or so parents, 150 teachers - and a professor who has grown with all of them. Enjoy the website I've been putting together - and many, many heartfelt thanks to my students for the material.


And now, time for the 2nd part of the semester before spring semester starts: two NSF grants to complete, two publications to write, final grades, conference proceedings to prepare, data tables to construct for spring analysis, 3 holiday concert performances, move Annie and Audrey to their new apartment and...Christmas. I think I'm gonna go home and think about all this tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment