Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fishing (even though we froze)!

Ron and I couldn't stand it anymore. It was the first Saturday in ages that the sun was shining, the breeze was manageable and it was (kinda) warm. So off we went!

Pelicans at the bait camp waiting for an easy meal :)



Ron caught a beautiful drum - 27inches! They both look pretty handsome here! We threw it back in the water and gave it instructions to go make babies. You see, I can't kill something that is so gorgeous when there is dead fish at HEB ready to cook and eat ....

Here is the drum before it became Free Willie :)


Now, technically I did not hook this fish --- Ron was nice enough to let me reel it in. It was cool though it didn't fight much. Catching drum is kinda like catching a cow...it just mozies on in. But it was fun, and I got to hold the fish like I caught it. It became Free Willie Number 2.

We had fun though I will say the hard-heads (catfish) put up more of a fight than the drum. We froze when the boat was speeding, but would do it again. Fishing is a blast!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment