Sunday, November 13, 2011

Visit to Lemoore NAS - aka Annie and Audrey time!



Had a super time - our visit was short, sweet and packed with fun times. I have missed them so much but seeing A&A in their idyllic setting made the missing pains go away and become "I'm so glad you are so happy!" feelings!


Audrey learning to play some fun stuff on my iPad - Chicken Balls rocks both of our worlds :)
 
Beautiful Annie sporting the new necklace I brought back for her from Mexico...gorgeousness!

Close-up of Audrey on her new play-yard...there was major bonding time putting this together with her Daddy...I understand she read him the directions :)


Audrey with her butterfly box and contents -- from Mexico. She took it everywhere with her...

We shopped the mall, antique stores, art gallery, ate, hiked around on Saturday and then came Sunday - the Two Cities half marathon. Annie and I registered for this on Saturday --- it was cold, damp and horrible in Fresno that day. We wondered if we were nuts for agreeing to do this...but we are both pretty stubborn gals, and one was not about to back out on the other...so the registration was done and plans were made.

Sunday morning was COLD COLD COLD and we left before sunrise to drop off Audrey and get to Fresno. We wondered as we were walking through cold and blustery winds to the start if this was really worth it. Well...all fears regarding forcasted rain and cold were quelled by Mile One. It was a BEAUTIFUL day ---- perfect for running. No rain, lots of sunshine, and just cold enough to keep us cool. The warm-up jackets and other stuff were quickly stripped as bodies heated up. It was an awesome, awesome day!

Annie dropping off her gear before heading to the start - looking so cute!


...and me - so cold, but excited and ready to get going!

The blue skies opened up, the road warmed and so did we. It was a beautiful day!

 I never get to run and see mountains in Texas - this was so awesome --

13.1 miles to the finish line (half marathon)-- the time flew by, my legs felt strong, and I trimmed a whole 20 mins off my personal best time for the half!!!  I felt AWESOME at the end.




 It was a great day followed by Belgium waffles and cheeze blintzes at IHop! :)

I had a great visit ---- many hugs, smiles and laughs. Can't wait to go back! And planning to run the Two Cites half next year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for visits!! We had a lot of fun, can't wait to see you when Santa comes to town!!

    ReplyDelete