Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Lessons

Last winter I lost a bunch of plants in my yard as Corpus Christi actually experienced freezing weather -- NOT  good for our tropical plants. I dug up bunches of them, and replanted this spring. I had a huge plumeria in the backyard, and it was dead. The branches were 'gooey' - a sure sign of 'dead'. So, I trimmed off all the branches and then tried to dig up the plant. I tried and tried and tried to dig up the plant. I couldn't do it - I simply didn't have the strength. So, I did the next best thing -- planted rose bushes around the dead plant.

Last weekend I was outside trimming the rose bushes, and guess what I found??? Not only did the plant make a comeback, but beautiful flowers are blooming on the plumeria.



I couldn't believe my eyes!!!

So often we think something is lost forever, but God has other plans. Perfect plans. Plans we could never, even in our wildest dreams, make ourselves. It takes time, patience, prayer, and faith. The beautiful flowers on the plumeria will always be a constant reminder to not give up hope, but to know there is a perfect plan. And He is going to see it through as long as I can stay out of His way.

Blessed Beyond Measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment