Thursday, July 15, 2010

A letter from Dr. McKinney


You may not know Dr. McKinney. A medical physician, Dr. McKinney is the Chancellor the A&M System. The big bossman. I have never met Dr. McKinney and have only seen his picture on some of our newsletters. Today, in my little mailbox at work there was a letter from Dr. McKinney. I had no idea why he would be writing me.

It turns out I was awarded the Teaching Excellence Award from the A&M University System! Yes, the teaching evaluations collected in May were forwarded to Dr. McKinney's assistant's office -- along with every other teaching evaluation in the A&M System -- College Station, Kingsville, Commerce, West Texas, -- a total of 11 university campuses and 115,000 students participated. And my students rated me in the top 5% of all the faculty in the system! Not just a letter - but a very nice stipend was deposited in my checking account! I am SUPER SUPER SUPER thankful to my students (and to Dr. McKinney!) and this is just one more reason for me to thank God for the job that I have!!!

We celebrated with steak dinner - Katie a bit disappointed in what 500 calories will get you, and Annie went for the crab legs:


And Katie brought me flowers...nothing like friends and family!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!
    You see, them Aggies ain't all that bad to work with after all...

    ReplyDelete