Monday, July 26, 2010

Can you spell Nacogdoches?




If so, you probably know we have a state university there - Stephen F. Austin State University. Home of the Lumberjack football team. Pretty campus - lots of gorgeous and obviously old oak trees. Nice people, committed faculty. However, too remote for yours truly. Lufkin is the closest (large) town. You have to drive over 2 hours from the airport to get there and the speed limit changes every 10 minutes or so. The saving factor was the fact that my rent car had satellite radio. Oh my gosh! It was AWESOME. THE channel is 'vinyl classics' and they had ALL the great rock and roll tunes digitally formatted. I was in heaven - and had to keep a careful eye on those pesky speed limits. The workshop I gave for science faculty members was very well received and I think I may be invited back. I'll be sure to get a rent car with the correct radio again ... and GPS.

Auntie Pasta's - great baked ravioli and huge assortment of delicious Italian sodas!

No comments:

Post a Comment