Thursday, February 04, 2010

When one door closes....


Helen Keller wrote:
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."

My youngest daughter gave me that quote several years ago - I have it in my office. I have a lot of faith in those words.

My Mother has a different take on this:
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens. And it's hell hanging out in the hallway."

Yeah. I'm looking forward to getting out of the darn hallway - soon. The rain will end (10 days of rain without any sun is NOT what we ordered in South Texas!), spring flowers will be here, great travel in the plans, much to accomplish, and somewhere along the way I will see that open door. I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment