Wednesday, February 10, 2010

NASA redefined


It looks like NASA is going to be losing funding for the shuttle and other projects. But then, our president is putting more money into STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education. So, I just found out there are many more opportunities for grants in science ed. Great - I will be putting in funding requests. My question is, where are these future scientists going to go to find jobs??

Dear Mr. Obama,
I'm happy you are appropriating more money to educate future scientists and engineers, but wonder what happens after we educate them. I predict they will take our training to other countries and make a living, advancing science and technology elsewhere. Is that how we want to invest our money?
Sincerely,
A Science Educator

No comments:

Post a Comment