Sunday, July 26, 2009

Beach Day!

I was super impressed by my niece's photo montage of their vacation at a beach in Maryland. Then I realized I had not been to the beach all summer - I live 20 miles away from one of the prettiest beaches along the Gulf Coast and I haven't been. So, I texted Annie and we made a date for today.

Following an awesome lunch on Padre Island of freshly made guacamole and awesome burgers, off we went. Audrey was a little on the tired side -- it was naptime you understand. But, once we hit the water and she got busy with her shovel she was fully awake and singing - quite literally - and squeeling with joy. It was a great day!



Audrey and her favorite Spiderman cap -- and a smile that lasted allll day.


Annie looks great -- lots of Pilates and a great smile!


My favorite beach babes ---


Did I mention the smile lasted all day??!


Two red bottoms taking it in -- just beautiful!Thank you Annie and Audrey for letting Grandmomma get her feet sandy and enjoy the fun!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Mom, we had a blast!! Audrey's hat can be only explained by the fact she thinks it is a pirate, and she has some strange ambitions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Grandmomma/Audrey Pic in the water! Too cute!! She has such a special little spirit about her...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! There is nothing more exciting than miles of sand for the little ones. Somewhere along the journey we've lost our fascination with sand. Thank God for little ones to remind us how fun the simple things are. Hope you make it there again soon. Love you all. X.O.

    ReplyDelete