Sunday, June 21, 2009

A weekend with Audrey



A whole weekend, just us. This is what I've learned about three year olds (or I knew and had forgotten):
*Every answer to every question can immediately and without skipping a beat be followed up with "why?".
*They can go from laughter to totally screwed up, beet red face in a matter of minutes.
*Finicky eater is being generous.
*Their little bodies are so precious, and so perfectly proportioned.
*I wish I could sleep so soundly.
*Her hair, beautifully curled and below her waist now, must always be brushed "softly" and I am constantly reminded that "it is not a toy".
*Always read the fine print when purchasing puzzles at the thrift store. We got a set with 20 puzzles, no edges, same colors...it took us hours to sort and figure it out. When we were done, I took each completed puzzle and placed them in envelopes so she could do them again. She cried when I didn't let her shake the box.
*She loves to learn things - knows the names of many sea creatures including 12 species of sharks and coral reef inhabitants. She loves bugs, snakes, crocodiles and super heroes. Audrey could care less about princesses.
*Using her Mom's season pass at the Texas State Aquarium is awesome!
*Three year olds and movie seats don't do too well - she weighs too little to keep the seat down - kept trying to fold up underneath her. So had her in my lap in spite of the fact that they charge full price for her ticket. Was totally worth it (We saw UP).
*Installing some drapes in the dining room - she told me, "We don't need stinky boys! We can do it!"
*I love her with all my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm glad you two had fun!!! My little super hero seems to have had plenty of adventures without me around!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete