Sunday, June 28, 2009

A New Day And A New Dog


There have been few changes in Dr. Mac's world - personal issues and it's gonna be okay. Everything happens with purpose and for a reason. I want to squeeze more life out of each day and live my purpose - more purposefully.

One change involved finding a new vet yesterday for Ella. Thanks to Annie for the recommendation - an awesome lady vet who is super friendly and Ella loved her. She spent a good 15 minutes just talking to Ella and giving her treats -- I thought she was the vet tech till I saw her name badge! Anyway, I asked her about shaving Ella. Its SOOO hot outside, Ella likes being outside, but American Eskimos (Ella's breed) are not meant to tolerate the heat we are experiencing in South Texas. The vet totally dispelled the misconception I had seen many times, "dog's hair acts as an insulator both in heat and cold...prevents them from getting skin cancer..." etc. So....here is Ella before and after our trip to PetSmart:

Lotsa hair - I mean, fills up the vacuum canister once a week lots of hair.

And then:


She feels soooo soft! Like a lamb. I can't believe how well it turned out. And I can tell she likes it -- you just know when one of your best friend FEELS better.

Tomorrow we will take to the streets for our pre-dawn run. I bet she enjoys that more too!

No comments:

Post a Comment