Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Post-Script to Hope in America


I am always amazed by people's perceptions...Several different colleagues have come by my office today, all from different parts of the globe (Switzerland, Iceland, Soviet Union, Columbia and Africa) to tell me how thrilled they are with the election results. When I pressed them to elaborate they ALL said the same thing: That Americans have 'no idea how the perception of the United States is now changing in the eyes of the world.' Very powerful conversations, all different, but all with the same theme. I hope we use this new perception in a way that is for the best for ALL on this planet - not just us, but EVERYONE. It is SO empowering to think about what we are capable of achieving....

3 comments:

  1. Word. I love it. I feel proud of America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this great article regarding the world's view of America and Obama's election. I think so many Americans, like myself, and world watchers all over felt true kinsmanship, what I guess some would call true patriotism, for the first time last night when our country rose above what many of us weren't all too sure we as a country could yet. So many of us all the sudden knew what it felt to be part of a larger whole. I know I was proud. Of all of us. Like Cherie Mac would say, Awesome.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_re_eu/eu_election_an_american_abroad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read an article where Americans abroad are being kissed or congratulated randomly after this election. Although we didn't vote for Obama because of other people's perceptions, I, along with others have such a invigorating, and renewed sense of hope and gratitude for living in this country!

    ReplyDelete