Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Annie!


Twenty-five years ago I wasn't feeling so hot. After a full morning of labor (read - no drugs of any kind), thinking I had at least 2 hours to go before being close to delivery, everyone left for lunch. Always running on her very own clock, Annie decided to be born RIGHT THEN - no real warning or preparation. Scrambling to locate the doc, we didn't have time to get to the delivery room. Annie decided that was the time, and THAT was the time!
I love her more than words can say - working 12 hour hospital shifts to become a nurse, also working in a doctor's office when she's not in the hospital, and raising a 2 year old with grace and immeasurable patience. I don't know how she does it - or what I did to deserve such a wonderful daughter and granddaughter. Happy birthday Anne Marie. You bless my life!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Mom!!! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Annie!! Hope you had a most beautiful day filled with lots of cupcakes (or whichever your birthday treat preference is. Me? Love the cupcakes. Must find one today...)

    ReplyDelete