Saturday, November 01, 2008

Happy Birthday JP!

A special day! For those of you who may not know, I've known JP since high school as we were a couple back then for a few years and even attended prom back in the 70's:

While the sideburns are gone (and thankfully so is the bowtie) - he still has a way of making my heart race and my life so special. He is, quite literally, one in a million.

Here are some little known JP factoids:
*We spent many Friday nights at the drag strip - he still loves cars and engines. I watched him race a bona-fide race car and was petrified that something would happen to him. I still remember the "christmas tree" light and the smell of tires during a spin-out to "warm" them prior to racing. He is now a NASCAR enthusiast...number 88!!
*Patient to a fault. I mean...REALLY patient.
*Taught me to drive (see previous bullet) - in this car - exact model and color:


*When Audrey was asked to draw her favorite friends, she drew her Mommy, me, Jen, Grammie and Bebe - Audrey's word for "Grampy" that stuck. She will quite adamantly tell you - "That is MY Bebe!"

* Low pain tolerance - ask him about child birth and calf-cramps.
*Appreciates the freezer full of dinners I always leave - but watches his weight and exercises regularly. So proud of him!

*Can do a perfect imitation of Donald Duck. Here's mine:


I love with all my heart you JP - and wish you many, many more happy birthdays....

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday John!!! Audrey will be ready to see her BeBe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most unique birthday card I have ever recieved in my 53 years. Yes, I have dumped the bow tie and sideburns, but wish I still had the blue hot rod. I appreciate the gifts you purchased for my new apt to make it feel like a home. I enjoy them everyday. I am sorry you are not here today, but I am very proud of you and what you are doing with your students and the future teachers. I am glad you do what you do and support you 100%..Thank you for thinking of me (at 12:01am) and I love you very much too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With those sideburns and that car, the man is my hero!

    ReplyDelete