Sunday, October 05, 2008

Perfectionism in a Sunday


Sunday was a perfect day today because:

  • Annie and Audrey came to church today. We had lunch afterward.

  • A hymn, full of jubilation and beauty was sung so beautifully by the choir today that Annie commented, "it gave me goosebumps".

  • Trying to sing while holding back tears of joy and thanksgiving was an unforgettable feeling.

  • Today was my deceased father's birthday, and our parish priest, Father Joseph's birthday. It's comforting to know that there are people supporting us in heaven and on earth - and these are some of my most favorite people.

  • It was wonderful hearing that JP is settled into his apartment, reading the paper on the patio after hooking up his washer and dryer. Contentment has been very elusive for him lately.

  • My place is clean, laundry done, refrigerator filled and ready for new work week.

  • HEB had ribeye steaks on special and Honey Crisp apples are in!

  • We are singing with a symphony for a special mass on Wednesday evening. The attorneys and judges from surrounding counties have a special mass once a year to bless their work. How awesome is that?

  • My bills are paid.

  • I donated 6 huge bags of clothing - most of it business suits and dresses that don't fit anymore (too big) - to the local charity who is pleading for donations for the hurricane victims.

  • There was time for a nap today.

  • I graded papers in my office at work while listening to today's mass...http://www.goccn.org/mass.cfm

  • Audrey told me that she loves me. :)


2 comments:

  1. Hey, that does sound like a pretty darn good day!! I have found that as life responsibilities grow, the weekend day lengths seem so much shorter than when you were a kid and Sunday night seemed soooooooo far away on Sunday morning. Looks like you had a nice prolonged Sunday with not only bills paid but the hee-hee joy that comes with giving away clothes that are too big!! :) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love days like that? Hope it's continued throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete