Saturday, June 04, 2011

The Night Before The Race

It's hard not be excited --- Annie, Jen, Scott, Annie's dad-in-law (Pop-Pop Kevin) and me are all running the San Diego Rock and Roll marathon tomorrow. I'm doing the 1/2 (13.2) miles with Scott tomorrow. I've run my share of marathons and have decided I want to save my knees to still be able to do this when I'm 80...so, I will enjoy the time and the scenery. Scott and I will have a blast. We will have model walking at the half-way point - rehearsing tomorrow. There are bands all along the way. Gorgeous weather here - brisk and dry.

 Audrey and I have had much beach time and she has been my roommate. She started to cry at the thought of leaving tomorrow and I really had to try very hard to keep a brave face. But first, the race. Annie's first marathon. She has been training like a champ and I know she is going to do GREAT.  I am one ecstatic person to be part of this and to share it with all my children. Humbled, once again, by God's abundant blessings.

My Model walking will commence at the halfway point :)

No comments:

Post a Comment