Saturday, May 21, 2011

Living in the moment:Sometimes the real race starts at the finish line



I ran 10 miles this morning. The half marathon (13.2 miles)  is in two weeks -- one more long run next weekend and I'm ready. It's awesome - for some reason I had the urge to "model walk" at the half-way point. Don't worry. There wasn't much of an audience...although Ella was kinda looking at me weird. Endorphins can have strange effects. I also frequently start singing when running - especially when a great song is playing on the Ipod. Ella's used to that. Yeah...it's fun. And if you're impressed, don't be. Annie is running the full marathon - 26.4 miles. So she did 20 miles this morning. Jen is also running in this deal - she has made her way with Buddy up to Tahoe and is having a weekend of back country skiing. Another good friend is finishing up his SCUBA diving certification out at Lake Travis. I think there will be some blue water and bubbles in my near future. I can't wait! Another friend that I have been helping with personal issues is in the Beach to Bay Relay & Marathon downtown today. She called me as she was getting ready to run her leg...I told her not to worry about time, place or clocks -- enjoy the moment and the experience - be proud of how far you have come! And Scott is busy doing what a lot of medical students do during the summer - house construction, roofing, people calling him with jobs in their homes. Taking time to prepare for a very demanding year beginning in the Fall. Friends and loved ones busy and living in the present, preparing for wonderful experiences in the future, and staying close to me in spite of the miles that separate.

SO much to look forward to! Still practicing for the concert - today we practice with the orchestra!

Now... if I can just push myself out of this comfy chair....

No comments:

Post a Comment