Thursday, February 05, 2009

Early Signs of Spring


This morning was perfection in being on the road... running with Ella, not a sound as the sun was not yet up, fog laying over sleepy school yards and empty park benches and a few souls wandering out front doors in bathrobes and slippers to pick up their newspaper. I love this time of day - it centers me for what is to come. This morning though, I stopped short when I noticed an ornamental pear tree... in FULL BLOOM. Yes, beautiful white blossoms. Very early blooming for this tree - perhaps the earth's warming has fooled nature into thinking spring is here. That's what the scientists have been telling us for over two decades. All I know is my heart lifted at the thought that spring is, once again, on it's way....

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! We're still covered in ice. I hate Feburary in the NE.

    ReplyDelete