Monday, August 04, 2008

Edouard The Party Pooper!!


I spent nine -yes NINE - hours getting to Philadelphia yesterday. It's a long trip, involved a couple of layovers, but I finally got here. Now, I am in the airport less than 24 hours after arriving and heading home. ANOTHER storm coming to Texas and a very good chance of Houston shutting down/canceling flights...and I need to get back in time for last class day. Sucks. The place was beautiful - take a look:The people so nice --- profs from all over the country (literally) given the task to write collegiate interdisciplinary curriculum. So exciting to be selected to participate on that kind of project! I got a taste of what kind of collaborative effort that takes but weather forced me to cut the trip short. Remind me to be happy tomorrow when the rains come and I am safe...for now, its a real disappointment. Did I mention the food? Yummy. And the weather? 80 degrees for the high, less than 25% humidity. We had lunch outside today.

Yeah, disappointed. Maybe next summer....

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had to cut your trip short, but getting home safe -- and early -- was more important. Did I mention they don't have hurricanes in Dallas?? No mosquitos ??

    ReplyDelete