Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another trip to the Potomac


Getting ready for yet another trip - let's hope no hurricanes or tropical whatevers cut this one short. It will be busy -- lots of National Science Foundation types talking about how to go about getting their grants. I need grants. Grants = tenure. My last proposal got declined - for good reasons (she admits) - but declined all the same. So, I'm gonna talk to these folks, maybe beg a little while I'm at it. And we'll try again - but I'll have a better plan. Wish me luck. And pray for good weather.

4 comments:

  1. This trip will be better. I have checked the weather -- gulf and atlantic -- and all is clear. Just hoping there are no flat tires on the Boeings. I am looking forward to your side trip to Prosper. Glorias patio awaits you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yes...the flat tires I had last time adding insult to injury. Save me a place at Glorias - frozen, no salt. Some queso too :) Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Settle down you two; the kids may be reading.
    I assume your trip will include a visit to the Clipper City Brewery, perhaps for a refreshing Golden Ale at mid-day, made with 100% Cascade hops, or an evening Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale (7.25% ABV) - my personal nightcap favorite made with five (count them - 5) types of hops?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. If you see the rare and elusive "East Coast VW", snap a pic. They tend to hide in garages out there....

    ReplyDelete