Monday, September 06, 2010

Two Inch Notebook



Over 50 letters of support written by former and current students, colleagues, professors, administrators, principals, the Chancellor of the A&M system, and combination's therein. Over 60 different classes and sections of classes taught in five years with every grade, median average, evaluations by students and course syllabi included. Statistics, graphs and charts of all the above. Grants - from whom (National Science Foundation, NOAA, Texas Sea Grant and others), for how much (millions of dollars), for how long, and my role therein. Publications - pages, examples, citations, and no record of the countless revisions that went into each. Professional presentations - over 50 in five years given all over the United States and Canada, some by invitation, all the result of going through a peer review process to get included in the conference program. All the blood, sweat and tears of 4.5 years in one two inch binder. I spent the whole summer working on this project -- it's my very best effort. It's been submitted to my college and will be reviewed and assessed by many in my college before going through the A&M system. I will know in a year or so whether I have a job for as long as I want to keep it, or will be told I have a year to find another job. Honestly, I'm glad it's finished and now can concentrate on what I love most -- teaching, writing and helping my students be successful both in college and in their careers!

No comments:

Post a Comment