Monday, September 06, 2010

New York - Part II: Singing and Stairs





Catching up here - many things going on but I am determined to finish the blog about our awesome trip....

We went to two different cathedrals on our trip and sang at two different Catholic Masses. I encountered stairs to the choir loft like I've never seen before...and probably the only people that have are people that sang in the (very high up there) lofts. So, I decided a stair documentary was in order. Of course, the singing was sublime given the gorgeous venues, the awesome musical pieces selected by our directors, and JUST BEING THERE, singing as we worshiped. That was beyond awesome!

Circular Stairs at St. Patricks: haven't seen paint or cement in years. TINY walkway. Over 200 steps. It was dizzying...but worth the climb.








When we finally got to the top, this was the view that greeted us. It took my breath away!









Following mass, we loaded up in a bus and headed over to St. Ignatius Church on Madison Avenue. Here, I saw so many different kinds of stairs -- wooden stairs, circular stairs, ladders, metal stairs...it was almost comical as we climbed and climbed.






But once again, the view was totally worth the climb. And the sound...was divine!!





We heard so many wonderful compliments and expressions of thanks -- I hope to return soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment