Tuesday, January 05, 2010

New Year Resolutions


This is going to be CHALLENGING year --- up for Promotion and Tenure this year - a lengthy year long process of being reviewed by the department, college, university and A&M system in that order. Bottom line is --- does she stay or does she go? It's pretty involved and my portfolio is due mid-year. Then there are 5 science research/education research conferences I'm attending. I know...I submitted five proposals thinking 2 or 3 would be accepted for presentation. All five? It's a mixed blessing. Lots of travel, classes to cover and work continues whether I am here or away. Oh and there are conference proceedings to write...and two more journal articles that need to be in the pipeline by end of semester. And, 2 grants that have been submitted and if accepted - more work.

It's such a blessing to be in a place where there are so many opportunities.

But the biggest challenge, by far, is a personal one that I have undertaken. Details another time. Suffice to say, if I make it to my one year anniversary in October, you will be the first to know.

In the meantime... choir, work, friends, family, exercise, prayer, some fishing, birdwatching, beach time, more work and more prayer.

Happy New Year - it's going to be a great one!

1 comment: