Sunday, August 16, 2009

Heading to the Yucatan


Class syllabi for Fall semester are ready, NASA grant submitted, laboratory supplies ordered; mask, fins, snorkel and suntan lotion packed; shorts, bathing suits, flip-flops and passport packed too. I'm on my way - have found a good dive shop and will be getting wet at about 60-100 feet deep in blue water in about 32 hours. Staying at an all inclusive resort - that means all food and drinks (including alcoholic ones!) are taken care of! To say I'm excited is an understatement. I went through my diving logs last night- over 1000 hours logged all up until 2001 which was a life altering year. None since then, not one. That's going to change, big time. This is the first of many more trips I plan to take to our disappearing coral reefs. I love them and all the marine life that is associated with them - I can't wait to say hello.


We'll catch up later ----


No comments:

Post a Comment