Sunday, September 07, 2008

Blessings


I've loved to sing since I was very young and my grandmother had me sing Julie Andrews songs for anyone that visited - and would listen. Since then, I've always been in a choir - as a member, as a founder and as a leader - part of that story has been told. Today I auditioned for the Corpus Christi Cathedral choir. I love this church and the priests and the people who are part of it. My heart is filled every time I go. And today it was doubly filled as the concert choirmaster and organist - oh man can this musician play!! - invited me to join the choir after my audition. We are not just a Sunday choir - there are so many more engagements during the year - 27 dates outside of usual Sunday Mass were on the contractual agreement I was required to sign! - including going to IRELAND next summer for an ordination mass! I am so, so thankful. Corpus Christi has been been so good to me in providing so many opportunities both within my profession and in my personal life. So many blessings. I can't wait for rehearsals to begin!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Waywee! I never had a doubt that you would nail it. I'm glad that you are so happy. When can we do a Panis Angelicus duet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I wish our parish had a more developed choir and music program. The girls and I are making cupcakes for Mary's birthday today. I'll definitely eat some for myself and the baby as well. LOL.

    ReplyDelete