Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Aftermath of Ike


I remember when I first blogged about Hurricane Ike after receiving notice that we were evacuating, fear literally gripped my heart. I knew this storm would be devastating and dangerous. As it turned out, Corpus Christi was not affected. Not one drop of rain, just some easy, breezy winds. Galveston, Houston, Beaumont and surrounding areas have been ripped apart. Dickinson, my hometown and home for my mother was not spared. A huge tree through the roof, power lines tangled, impassable roads and damage everywhere. A sleepy neighborhood that looks like a nuclear bomb went off - and this is but one of thousands - millions? - of neighborhoods who are trying to recover without electricity in the sultry humidity of the south. Prayers for all these people as they try to recover and find a sense of normalcy. And thanksgiving that my area remained unscathed. So many prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment