Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Introductions

I've been asked on many occasions about my family and stuff. There's a lot to that story so I thought I'd start here

First (and in no particular order), we have my daughters and my granddaughter -- a picture of us:

Here's me, Jen, Annie and Audrey - my granddaughter.
Jen is a Lieutenant in the Navy - she graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 2001 and is a helicopter pilot. She is currently stationed in San Diego and I love to go visit her! Annie, Audrey's proud Mom, is here and is in Texas A&M University Corpus Christi's nursing school. Annie is also working 2 jobs and being a great Mom while doing exceptionally well in school. Audrey, the light of my life, just turned 2 this past March. She calls me "Momma". We are trying for "Grandmomma" but Momma will do just fine for now. But, that's not all. Take a look at this: This is Jen and my son Scott - he's a Marine. He graduated from The Citadel last May and now is working in North Carolina. Isn't he handsome?

Both Jen and Scott have served time in Iraq - Jen two tours in the Navy, Scott as a Marine Engineer. Jen showing the 130 degree temp at Camp Fallujah where she was stationed. She stayed on board ship for her other tour - it was her floating shopping cart as they stopped at Taiwan, Singapore, Bahrain and other ports of call. Somehow, Jen always makes the best of everything. I'm very proud of her.
Scott out on a convoy. He wasn't allowed to tell me where he was. Marines can't talk much about what they do. I learned not to ask questions. I'm proud that my children served their country.

Ella is my running buddy - we hit the streets at 5 a.m. every day and leave some sweat behind.

Finally, there is John. He's a former high school sweetheart. We were together for nearly 3 years at that time. Here's our prom pic: Cool bow tie, huh! That picture was taken our senior year in high school - MANY years ago. He had more hair then. After high school, we went to separate colleges and lost contact. We got married (not to each other), had kids, divorced, found each other over 30 years later and reconnected. Funny how life has a way of coming full circle. Here we are at Thanksgiving in 2007:
Isn't he handsome??

I have a wonderful brother, Eric, who is STILL married to his high school sweetheart, Barbara. You can read more about him and his beer-making hobby on his blog listed at the right -- the Front Porch Brewery. He's hysterical. The other blog listed is about his daughter (my niece) Elizabeth and her husband Brett. They are parents of two VW's. Read all about it.

My father passed away nearly three months ago - you can read a tribute that we have started in his honor at the Edwin Phillips blogsite listed on the right.

I think that's enough for now. It's time to write about new things --- stay tuned!





3 comments:

  1. Love the new blog! Count me in as an avid reader. And loving that prom dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay EP! My first fan! Jen played dress-up with that prom dress for many years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that I saw that bow tie on the back of a bass fishing boat headed to Toledo Bend

    ReplyDelete