Monday, December 05, 2011

Merry Christmas and end of semester blessings!

Above is a teacher-nutcracker. One of my students gave that to me today. I was super touched. Also heartfelt thanks when a student that I've helped over the past two years asked me to 'hood' her next Friday --she is graduating with her Master's Degree and I will have the honor of placing her hood (it's actually a really big collar attached to a long piece of material that goes down the back of the graduation regalia) on her when her degree is conferred. Usually the Dean does this...but in special cases, the student gets permission for a teacher/mentor to do so. She did so...I had no clue until today. Other students have dropped by, telling me how much they loved my class. If you go to my blog on where I keep information and photos about our family learning events,  you can see how these experiences have affected them. It's been a wonderful, awesome and blessed semester. I can't express how much I love what I do - and it just gets better and better as I learn more and more about how to reach my students and teach them the best I can. In the end, we all end up being better than we were at the beginning of our journey together. It's incredible. Truly incredible.
Blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment