Monday, March 08, 2010

Reading Books and Planting Flowers

Sunday was awesome - sun was out, nice and warm and I decided it was time to pot some plants for spring. Right when I was walking to my apartment, arms full of plants, I got a text message from Annie that Audrey wanted to come visit -- so I invited her to come over and help. Audrey arrived with her book. I suggested she read to me while I plant the flowers.

She got all cross legged and began to read "If You Take A Mouse To School". I'm not sure what a mouse would want to do at a school, but she said it was her favorite book so I figured I'd find out.

A few pots later, she had read the book at least four times. Let me tell you, mice really do have a fine time at school.



Finally, she helped level the soil, pat down the plants and water them. She told her Mommy they would be all grown by "next week".



We both learned a lot on Sunday - Audrey learned how to plant flowers and I learned about what mice do at school. It was pretty perfect for a Sunday.

1 comment: