Sunday, April 19, 2009

California Cruising...ending with a bruising

Jen's dog, Buddy, after the party....

In Houston airport - on my way home with Annie and Audrey (thanks to free Southwest tickets!) from California. A wonderful week that had two different conferences (AERA and NARST) with two different presentations that went awesomely well. Disneyland with Annie, Audrey, Jen, Jeff and Courtney. Jen and I saw BodyWorlds - amazing. Precious time spent with my daughters, and a great party at Jen's with lots of food and friends topped off a stellar week. Pics will be forthcoming. Last night, on my way into my fourth and final hotel of the week, dragging a large suitcase and in my party shoes -- an unseen curb and a misplaced step. I landed face first in the concrete...quite literally - face first. An ambulance ride and ER visit followed. It's not pretty. Four front teeth shattered and hopelessly broken, and a lip that looks like ground beef. Thank God Annie was with me. Audrey keeps asking me if I feel better. She spent the trip home giving me lots of kisses on my cheek and I am decked out in stickers --- that is what they give you at the doctor's office when you go in for your shots you know. The sentiment literally chokes me up thinking about it. She is so precious.

Tomorrow is a full day - and I'm hoping to get into the dentist's office and find out what the prognosis is.

Stay tuned. Much to blog about, but gotta get home first.

My fortune cookie at lunch - which I could not eat - said, "laughter is the best medicine". Words of wisdom....

4 comments:

  1. I think the papparazi took pictures of you thinking you were Angelina Jolie....:) I'm glad I was there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stickers always make you feel better! Hope you heal soon! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you speedy healing. I cannot even imagine how much that hurt!

    ReplyDelete