Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"I am going to get a fishing pole and tackle box!"

That was my reply when the dental hygienist I used in Austin asked me, "What are you going to do in Corpus Christi?" Of course, I also told her I was going be a professor teaching science. Well,  it took me 6.5 years to finally get my fishing pole and tackle box...heck! It took me 2 years to get to the beach (new job, new position, new EVERYTHING)...but I have been to the beach - several - no! - many times!! Lately with Gretel.... But, I digress.

Ron loves to fish and I used to fish a lot when I was younger and living on the Gulf Coast, so it seemed logical we should go fishing. Hence, the fishing pole and (pink) tackle box. I LOVE TO GO FISHING!! It so sooo awesome to get away, disconnect from the world, and wait...yes, there is a lot of waiting in fishing. Ron says that is why they call it "fishing" and not "catching". We go as often as possible - he has a very nice boat, perfect for "waiting", and I've enjoyed fishing off the pier as well. A bucket of bait, a bucket of chicken and a fishing pole and tackle box. ITS SO MUCH FUN. So, guess where we are going this weekend?? Yup! With my fishing pole and tackle box. I can't wait to 'wait' :)

Padre Island from the bow of the boat


A black drum!

A BIG black drum!



You know I love to see the Pelicans.....


                                     My speckled trout - although an even BIGGER ONE got away!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment