Thursday, October 08, 2009

My Favorite Grant


The TAMUCC STEP (Science Talent Expansion Program) grant - 1 million dollars over 4 years. I am in charge of the mentoring aspect - my 12 lovely undergraduate students are selected and trained by me to tutor and mentor freshmen in biology, chemistry and math courses that are taught in an interdisciplinary fashion. It is a HUGE success, we are in our 3rd year and things are clicking. National Science Foundation, our funder, has already hinted at STEP Phase II. I am so proud of these colleagues and students as we create cutting edge curricula and implement new teaching and learning strategies. Meet my friends and students as we all contributed to make the promo video that is now on the TAMUCC website and also on You Tube. You can see it by clicking here.

My job is a blessing. I am so thankful for the opportunities I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment